Car battery, starting, & charging systems Burnaby
We've all been there. You're in a hurry to get somewhere, you rush to you car, key's in the ignition, you turn the key and all you hear is the awful sound of your car trying desperately to start but failing to do so. Funny how your car battery seems to always die when you have something important to do isn't it?
Your car's battery powers your charging and starting systems. If your battery dies, well... let's just say you won't be going far. Your car's alternator, starter, and spark plugs also play a crucial role in starting your vehicle. Avoid getting stranded without jumpers and get your car's battery tested with one of our trained mechanics.
Common Car Starting, Charging, & Battery Issues:
- Car won't start and none of the lights turns on - Your battery is likely dead. Time for a new one!
- Car won't start and makes clicking noise when turning the key - This is likely an issue stemming from your starter, but can sometimes mean your battery needs to be replaced.
- Interior or dashboard lights are dim or flicker - these are often signs of a faulty alternator.
- Engine takes longer than normal to start - this could be caused by poor fuel delivery to the engine or spark plugs not properly delivering electrical current to the ignite the gas properly.
Common Questions about Car batteries, starting, & charging systems:
- How long should my car's battery last - Three to five years depending on how you drive and weather conditions
- My battery is corroded... should I replace it - not necessarily. We can clean up your battery and test it before talking about replacements.
Is your car having trouble starting? Are you worried that your car's battery is on it's way to battery heaven? Stop by Imperial Street Auto Repair in Burnaby today or contact us for more information.
What Our Customers Say
I've gotten to know Elizabeth at reception and the owner Dave a little bit. They've treated me with a lot of respect and patience in my needs with my vehicle.
So far I made an appointment to add a new exhaust manifold to my vehicle as well as investigate why my engine light has been on recently and quickly addressed and resolve my issues with professionalism.
Was in today as I needed an oil change and was in the area. Great price for an oil change, but not only that, great service.
I was certain I needed a brake job as well, as my brakes had been squeaking. Dave had a tech look at my car and advised me there was still over 30% left on my pads. He also educated me as to why they may have been squeaking prior to needing new pads. I was prepared to pay for a brake job and he was honest with me. I thank Dave and his staff for the honest opinion and great prices. Thanks!
Went there unannounced for an oil change. They took me in right away, no appointment required. Guy at the counter was super nice. It was done in about 25 min. Total cost was $30. Nothing bad to report at all. Free wifi. Can't complain. Will be back there for an oil change for my other car.
I think this is a good place, I needed a new engine they gave me the best price on labour. But also told me the car won't be worth it so just sell it. I didn't get to experience their work on the car, because i decided to sell. But they are honest and care about their customers!