Common symptoms that require you to perform a wheel alignment servicing on your vehicle include:
- Uneven wear on your tires
- Your car pulling or drifting to one side
- Wandering on even leveled roads
- Vibrations in your steering wheel at certain speed
Driving over potholes, hitting the curb (or other objects) and accidents can throw off your car’s wheel alignment and will require you to get your wheel alignment checked. Here are four reasons why performing wheel alignment servicing is beneficial to your car, peace of mind and bank account:
- With gas prices as high as they are, people are looking to visit the gas station as little as possible. Properly aligned wheels will reduce your gas consumption because it reduces the amount of rolling resistance. Less rolling resistance means your car needs to work less hard and burn less fuel in order to move forward.
- Tires don’t come cheap. Proper wheel alignment will help ensure your tires live their life out to the fullest! Even slight misalignments can cause your tires to wear down very quickly.
- Proper wheel alignments don’t only prevent wear on your tires, it prevents wear and tear on other parts of your vehicle. Misaligned wheels can cause pressure on the steering system and be stressful on your brakes as it requires your brakes to work harder on one side than the other.
- Your car’s health and your bank account are great reasons to perform regular wheel alignments. An even better reason to maintain your proper wheel alignment is your safety! Having your wheels aligned properly means your car will steer properly and be easier to drive.
If ever you have any questions about wheel alignments for your vehicle, contact the good folks at Imperial Street Auto Repair & Detailing in Burnaby at 604-434-1120. We offer friendly, affordable and reliable auto repair and detailing services. Also, make sure to visit our services page and deals page to learn more about what we have to offer and our current promotions.